Betting Strategies: Is Single or Multiple Betting Better?

First-time bettors are wondering what the terms "single" and "multiple" mean. Many betting promotions or events refer to these two terms: let's think of, for example, the Multiplier Bonus, a special welcome bonus given to new subscribers of the Singaporean bookmaker Singbet, which consists of extra profit from the first bets in a multiplier formula. But the term "single" is also often used, even when talking about cashback bonuses. But what do these terms mean?

The term "single" refers to a single bet on a single event, while "multiple", on the contrary, refers to a bet on several events. Multipliers remind us of sports cards in football competitions, where you had to guess 12 or 13 results to win a prize. However, the difference with football pools is that we determine the number of events that will be played and it will be important to guess all the outcomes in order to win. Each event that can happen during a match has its own relative odds, and the product of all the odds gives the odds by which the bet amount is multiplied. It should be said that many bookmakers also offer multiple bonuses when these coupons consist of a certain number of events (the more events, the more the bonus multiplier increases). But is it more convenient to play alone or in multiples? Let's look at the differences. Football statistics: what you need to know in order to bet, find out by clicking on the link.

Single Bet Benefits

If you bet on only one event, the player will simply win by making the correct prediction. On the contrary, when playing by a multiplier, you need to guess all the results and the risk of losing increases. So far, the only advantage of a single bet is its ease. In fact, this consideration is true if we are talking about an event that can happen quite easily, for example, a bet on a match favorite with a fairly obvious result. Even if you can never know the outcome of an event, and anything can happen in sports, bookmakers set very low odds on these events with fairly predictable outcomes. Therefore, if we find low odds, for example, in the range from 1.05 to 1.20, then this will mean that our winnings will be a maximum of 20% of the bet amount. If it is not easy to predict a match in football and both teams have a high probability of winning, then the average coefficient for each winner will be in the region of 1.7 - 1.9.

The advantage of a fairly simple single sports bet would be to most likely win 20% of the bet (if we bet €10 we win 2€). If, on the other hand, we wanted to increase the risk of a single, we could bet on a more difficult match, where the average odds are higher and could give us, if we win, even 80%. A trick to easily win single bets is to bet on binary outcomes such as Under/Over, Goal/No Goal, Even and Odd, where the winning success rate is 50% and the odds are higher than in a match that sees one of the favorite teams. To further increase the value of a single bet, players can place single bets that are often quoted even >2.5, odds high enough that they can win more than twice the amount of the bet they placed. It is clear that the more difficult it is to guess the result, the higher the final prize will be, but the beauty of the single is that just one match is enough to understand whether you won or not.

The benefits of multiple

The so-called accumulative bets are nothing but a set of single bets, and all events must occur in order to win them. Thus, the concept of the accumulator is very simple (as we said, it is like playing the old Totocalcio, but we ourselves determine the number of events and the type of bet), but the risk of losing is higher. The more singles we include in our acca, the harder it will be to win. The overall multiplier increases quite quickly when betting on more events, but the chance of error increases dramatically.

Speaking instead of losing, with the same win in singles, you can lose a lot of money if the only result to be guessed is wrong, while in multiples, losing is more restrained.